Day of Event Information
Saturday, October 19, 2013
We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2013 Komen Dallas Race for the Cure®! Please read through the following information to properly prepare for the Race.
Note that our Race holds a USATF Course Certification – number TX07007ETM.
Schedule of Events
6:00 AM Race Day Registration (inside NorthPark Center)
6:30 AM Survivor Breakfast at the Survivor Tent
7:30 AM Fun Run/Walk (start line faces North on Boedeker)
8:00 AM 5K Run/Walk (start line faces West on Park Lane)
9:15 AM Survivors return to Survivor tent to line up for Celebration Walk
9:45 AM Stage presentation including Emerald City Band, Survivor Celebration Walk and awards.
Before the Race
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- The Race is held rain or shine. Please check the weather and dress accordingly.
- Pin your Race number on the front of your shirt. This number must be visible.
- If you are being timed, attach your ChronoTrack tag to your shoe based on package instructions.
- Set your TV to record the full three hour Fox 4 Race day coverage.
- Book a room with one of our preferred hotel partners:
- HYATT House Dallas/Lincoln Park
8221 North Central Expressway
Offering a 10% discount
Click here to make a reservation
Use Corporate ID #54013
- HYATT House Dallas/Lincoln Park
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas
10325 North Central Expressway
Offering king rooms for $75/night
Call 1-800-321-2211 to make a reservation
Be sure to identify yourself as part of the Susan G. Komen Dallas County group
Please make reservation no later than Friday, October 11
Getting to the Race
- BE EARLY! Plan to arrive at 6:30 AM to allow plenty of time to park and get to the start line.
- From 1-75, exit Northwest Highway to avoid traffic congestion.
- Watch for information/traffic signs.
- Check parking map for street closure times.
- Check for construction on your route and plan accordingly. You can view construction updates at www.txdot.gov.
- Premium parking
- Parking pass is required.
- Located in the Macy’s parking garage.
- You must arrive before 7:00 AM.
- Try to Carpool or take the DART.
- Purchase a ticket at the station.
- Get off at Park Lane and walk West to the 5K start line.
Fun Run/Walk Participants – the start line is on the West side of NorthPark Center on Boedeker Drive near Neiman Marcus. Line up at this site no later than 7:15 AM. The opening ceremonies will start at 7:15 AM and the Fun Run/Walk will start promptly at 7:30 AM.
5K Participants – the start line is on the North side of NorthPark Center on Park Lane facing West. Line up at this site no later than 7:40 AM. The 5K will start promptly at 8:00 AM. Timed runners must line up on the North side of Park Lane.
Komen Dallas County is excited to share our newest opportunity to honor the thousands of Dallas County women that fight breast cancer each year. Join us at the 2013 Komen Dallas Race for the Cure® in taking a walk down Kroger Memory Lane. Kroger Memory Lane is a path of temporary pavement bricks that can be customized to honor or memorialize your loved ones. Ordering for Memory Lane is closed for 2013, but don’t forget to stop by Kroger Memory Lane, located in the Kroger Food Court, and check out this amazing new feature, then make a note to remind yourself to place an order to honor your loved ones at the 2014 Komen Dallas Race for the Cure®!
Only timed runners are eligible for timed results and awards. All awards are based on chip time and not start time. A registered participant may win in only one category. Awards may be picked up on Race day at the Awards tent. Certificates will be mailed to the top three finishers in each age division.
If you or anyone from your group gets lost on Race day, please go to the Information tent located near the Food Court and main stage.
Medical assistance will be provided on site if needed. The main vehicle will be located near the finish lines. Please complete the requested medial information on the back side of your Race bib prior to the Race.
Port-o-potties will be locate near the start lines, at the mid-point of the 5K course and at the event expo area (northest parking lot of Macys). Blue balloons will mark the restrooms. NorthPark Center will also be open for indoor restrooms.
“In Memory of” and “In Celebration of” back signs will available at on-site registration located inside NorthPark Center, at the Zeta Tau Alpha/Bank of America tent located next to the Survivor tent.
For more information:
Susan G. Komen® Dallas County